Monday, January 31, 2011

Cricutless Scrapbook Layout

I wanted to share a layout I did before I got my Cricut about a year ago. This layout uses alot of inking, paper tearing and even some paper burning! This is actually the first and only layout that I've burned paper for but I think it looks really good and adds alot to the look. The title was written by hand with black embossing pens WHICH I SWEAR BY. I think they are amazing and I'm going to have to get another black embossing pen because I use mine so often. They're by Souffle and are called Glaze. The only downfall is that it takes awhile to dry. The brown paper on this layout is actually brown packaging paper that I burnt the edges of with a lighter to give the deteriorated look you see on the layout. The paper is all DCWV- The Far East paper collection. The paper all looked a little too bright and new for what I was going for so I just took black ink and rubbed my paper over the ink pad itself. I didn't use any tools at all. I literally rubbed the paper onto the ink pad. I really love the way it looks over the textured red cardstock because it makes the texture really POP. I hope you like it! Remember you can click on any of the pictures below to view them larger.







No comments:

Post a Comment