Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golf Fundraiser Layout

My boyfriend is a golf fanatic and has been trying to get me to golf with him for years. I've held strong and been extremely stubborn though because he refuses to do any of the dorky activities I enjoy, like game night for example lol. But our good friend's father passed away and they have an annual golf fundraiser to help cover funeral expenses and to help support her mother now that her dad is gone so I was persuaded to go. It was my first time out on the course, despite having worked at a golf course in the past *sad, I know.* But I actually didn't do too shabby! My boyfriend was watching me from another hole and was quite impressed with my swing. Now, we won't mention the fact that I had to swing at the ball several times (and miss) before finally hitting it and it going a decent distance and relatively straight haha. But hey, what can you expect. I've never been good at sports so I was happy with my performance. Plus everyone knows that golf isn't about doing well, it's about fun in the sun with good friends and good drinks! The paper for this layout game out great. It's all DCWV. I used a brown Close to my Heart marker for the journaling, some chocolate ribbon to separate the stripes from the grass paper and my Crop-a-dile to add the chocolate brown grommets at the bottom. The "GOLF" at the top were just some stickers that I had in my stash. I don't remember what brand they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment