Monday, January 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Layout

So, I finally got around to scrapping my St. Patty's day pictures from 2010. I haven't posted any of my scrapbook pages yet for you despite the fact that I've been a scrapbooker for years and only just recently started venturing into cards. That's because I didn't have a way to stand my pages up to take a good picture of them without alot of glare. But at long last, I bought plate holders! Waaa-hoooo! I bought some a few months ago trying to take the cheap way out and they were only about 4 inches high. I thought they would prop the pages up but when I put them in they just bent backwards so I had to buy the more expensive tall ones. RATS! I hate it when that happens. Anyways, all of the paper is from DCWV's Summer Dream stack. I just started using the paper from this stack and it's so versatile! It may just be my favorite, at least for the moment. I'm known to be indecisive lol. The brown solid paper is actually brown packaging wrapping paper that you would use to mail a box to someone. We re-modeled our bathroom last year and the contractor left a roll of it at our house and being the scavenger that I am, I gripped it for my stash haha. I love the color of it and didn't have anything like it to use. The only thing is that it doesn't really work with adhesive very well and kept popping off my page. I used some liquid and roll on and ended up using two sided tape which finally worked. I did faux stitching around the mats with my white gelly roll pens that you saw in my first haul video  and they worked really well which I love because they were so cheap! I used white ink around the tags and the font is from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge. The 3D stickers were 50 cents from Michael's. A nice little find if I do say so myself :)



No comments:

Post a Comment