Monday, January 24, 2011

2-Year Anniversary and Ellianna's Birth Scrapbook layouts

Hi Ladies,
     For these layouts I used (almost) entirely things found in the Exscrapaganza kit from 3-birds that I got from one of the shopping networks on tv awhile ago. I love that it has an aged look without looking "shabby chic." Anyone who knows me knows my taste generally is for very contemporary looking styles and I think this paper walks the line between the two genres perfectly. Okay, so for my 2-year anniversary with my boyfriend, Mike we went back to the place where it all began. Andiamo's Italian Restaurant on the riverfront. The food was MARVELOUS and we hadn't been back there since our first date in 2007 so I was so excited. The service there is impeccable so if any of you are around Detroit, Michigan you should definitely check it out. The flowers I cut out with my Cricut. It's either from Accent Essentials or Plantin Schoolbook. The blue paper you see on the pages is actually really cheap colored printer paper. It's really thin but the color matched the pages perfectly and I had it on hand so I used it for the lower layer of the flower and to mat the photos. I used brown shimmer chalk all over the flowers, the title and the blue mats to age the look of the stark blue paper and add some glam. It's hard to see in the pictures but in person it's gorgeous. The chalk really adds alot of the look of everything. The orange brads I just had in my stash. Remember you can click on all of the pictures below to see a larger more detailed view.

     The other page is about my neice, Ellianna Annie's birth. Her birth was the most exciting of all 5 (and counting) of the neice/nephews because I didn't know the sex of the baby ahead of time. So, we all had bets going of whether or not it was a girl (I guessed right!). And when we went into the delivery room there was a little blue hat and a little pink hat SO CUTE** and we didn't even know Rachel (the mother's) name choice until and hour or so after she was born. The middle name was inspired by Rachel's sister who she's really close with, Annie. Anyways, back to the layout. The glittered chipboard photo corners, the stickers, flourishes, "memories", the bracket sticker next to the journaling and all the paper is from the kit. I love how it all came out. It was actually really easy to put together because it was a kit and the hard work was done for me for the most part. And despite that it was from a kit it's one of my favorite page sets that I've done. I never use kits. Part of me disagrees with them because I feel like it's "cheating" on some level. However, if more manufacturers came out with kits that looked as good as this one I might invest more in those. It's the only kit I own and have ever owned because whenever I see the kits in stores the products always look really cheap and yet the kits are way overpriced. So if any of you have any tips on where to find quality kits at bargain prices you'll have to share them with me. I love all of your great ideas and learn alot from my crafting buddies out there in cyberspace. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment