Sunday, January 2, 2011

Started 2011 off with THE FLU!

Well, I hope everyone else had a better New Years than I did. I was fine until about 3am when I woke up and found myself running to the bathroom to yack. I spent the entire night hugging the toilet, sweating, shaking and freezing no matter how high I turned up the heat. I don't get sick frequently; and when I do it's usually just a head cold. I actually have a pretty high tolerance for pain too. I'm generally a trooper when I'm sick and still go to work and get things done. This was unlike any sickness I ever remember having in my life. I literally couldn't stand long enough to let the dogs out because I was so weak. I found myself sitting on the floor by the backdoor leaning against the glass of the window only because the dogs had to go outside and I was on the only one home to do it. Today the stomach sickness is mostly over. I'm still a little nauseous but I can eat. The biggest thing is I still have a bad fever and extreme vertigo. I used to have really bad vertigo (the feeling of being extremely dizzy even when laying down) in high school. It was a condition that I had for months nonstop. It went away but sometimes I get bouts of it here and there. Alot of people find it's brought on after having a virus that affects your equilibrium in your inner ear. Anyways, it's terrible. Especially since I have a couple hours of computer work I have to do tonight before returning to work tomorrow. The only good thing about this is that when I hopped on the scale this morning out of curiosity, I happened to lose 5 pounds. SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment