Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ashley's in Michigan Layouts

My best friend Ashley moved to Arizona a few years ago but decided to come back to her home town in Michigan to tie the knot. The left page is her wedding shower layout. I used her candy bar favor wrapper, the invitation to the shower and her thank you note she sent me afterward on the page. I wanted an antiqued look so I used sepia toned ink to ink the edges of some of the elements and ink the invitation and thank you note because they were such a bright white that I felt they were clashing with my color scheme. I used burgundy ribbon behind the photos to add some color to what is a pretty neutral page without it. All of the paper is DCWV. The other page is a party her mom threw for family a few days later at her house. Afterward we went to watch some Fourth of July fireworks in Downtown Mt.Clemens which has been a tradition of ours since we were in middle school. Again, all of the paper is DCWV and I added some brown ribbon on the mats to accent.




No comments:

Post a Comment