Thursday, February 10, 2011

What in the world is RAK?!

LOL, ok. So, I've been scrapbooking for years and recently started cardmaking. However, I've been a solitary scrapper. I don't have any creative friends or family. I don't know anyone who scrapbooks. I never go to crops or classes and until about 2 months ago I never really got into checking out things online related to scrapbooking. Well, through having this blog and looking through some youtube videos all of these scrapbookers keep throwing the term "RAK" around and no one ever mentions what it stands for. It was starting to irritate me quite honestly so I had to Google it. Before doing so it was obvious it meant something about getting nice goodies in the mail from fellow scrappers but I had to know the literal translation for my own sanity. Apparently it means "Random Acts of Kindness." And I guess it's a term that alot of people use outside of the scrapping world such as churches, schools, clubs and I even heard it was a show on Oprah or something too. Interesting. So I just had to tell everyone in case it was driving you crazy like me and needed answers. Night everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Yep! You've got it all figured out! The Cricut Board uses the RAK term a lot, I tend to notice more bloggers use "blog candy". It is amazing how generous the crafting community is! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Melissa I had no idea how friendly and fun everyone in the crafting online world is. I work in a very politically motivated place where your friends are never really your FRIENDS. So it's a breath of fresh air to see how sweet people can be outside of politics! I haven't been to the Cricut board yet so I'll have to check that out. But I'm so glad to be on here and I'm still new but meeting some really nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks that is something good to know i didn't know either. Thank you for coming by and becoming a follower. I now follow you. Every one that has left a comment and i got a way to get to them i leave a comment and become their followers. I love looking at other blogs. A person can learn so much from other bloggers. I started my blog in october and i love it. I want to wish you good luck in my giveaway. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete