Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Struck Blog Candy Layout

Hi Everyone,
     My last post was about how I won the Love Struck Cricut cartridge from Melissa at Disney Dreamer Designs. I was in the middle of this layout when I received the cartridge in the mail and decided to try it out with the rose cut on there. The paper is from DCWV's Immortal Love stack which I love for the most part but some of the words are a little TOO vampire themed so it's hard to think of ways to use them. The paper is gorgeous though aside from that. I don't know what I'm going to use the pages for specifically yet so I left the title bar at the top blank. I'm thinking maybe an anniversary page or just pictures of me and my honey that were taken just hangin' out and not for a specific occasion.
     On the left page I cut out photo mats from immortal love and regular textured red cardstock. The red paper was a little too bright so I ran black ink over it. The paper is textured so it has a dirty linen look when you put ink over it. I used my scissors to distress the edges of both the red and printed paper layers. I've never really been one to use distressing so I didn't have any "tools" specifically for that on hand. But I was happy to see that just rubbing my scissor blade along the edge created the same look. I then added some black ribbon for embellishment. The corners of that page have some chipboard photo corners that look like splattered/dripping blood that were part of the chipboard collection for immortal love. The "love" is also chipboard with the same blood background as the photo corners. I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to punch some holes through the "love" chipboard and added some silver brads. *Gosh I love brads* lol. The paper is kind of the show stopper on that page so I didn't want to over embellish.

 The right page has background paper from Immortal Love. I used textured red and teal cardstock for the title bar at the top and distressed both layers with my scissors. I ran black ink over both layers because again, the paper was too bright for me and I wanted a tattered dirty look. I used my big bite again to punch holes along the top of the title bar and sewed black string through them. This was my first time using that string and I'm really happy with the look on this layout. The photo mats are from gray textured cardstock that I inked in black and distressed with scissors. I wrapped the string around them and added some silver brads on the sides. The word "friend" is from the Immortal Love chipboard collection. I punched holes in that and added silver brads also. As I said above the rose cut is from my blog candy win of the Love Struck cartridge. I inked it in black and outlined the layers in black sharpie to make it stand out more. I wrapped some black string around the stem as well.

I love this layout. I like that it's not so "cutesy" as alot of layouts can come out. Totally different look. You'll have to suggest some fonts that might look good for the title of this page. I only have a few font cartridges so if there's any you recommend let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow...love what you did with the rose cut! So happy you are creating with your prize!

    ReplyDelete