Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just Bought Sure Cuts A Lot Version 2!

So I'm really excited because I just bought Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL). I went to a scrapbook convention where this really nice man named Joe was selling the program. I'm glad I bought it when I did too because I just got an email from him today saying that after today it will no longer be for sale! Provocraft reached a confidential settlement with the company that makes SCAL so they will no longer be selling the version that works with Cricut. But the downfall is that my Cricut has firmware of 2.0 and SCAL only works with version 2.1 or 2.2 or something like that. So I've been trying to update my firmware for literally the last HOUR!! And it keeps failing for some reason. It says in the program that it may require two passes of the updates for it to take effect. The first time my laptop died in the middle of updating so I had to start over. The second time I accidentally closed out before the second update could take place. The third time I ran though both the first and second updates and when the second update was finished it said the update had failed. GRRRR! I'm about to throw my computer and the Cricut both out the window! So now I'm currently in the first update again. Hopefully this one works because it's almost midnight and I have to work in the morning. If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I went Office Space on my electronics lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment